Make Up Monday: Beauty and The Beast, Belle's Make-up look

Seen as the new Beauty and the Beast is around the corner, I thought I would talk about Belle's make up and recommend a couple of products for creating this look.

Belle, although french in the original Disney movie, has the look of an English Rose. An English rose, to me, appears natural but rosey and glowing! Here's a run down on how to achieve an English Rose make up look:

1. Use a light base -  A BB cream or a light foundation (I recommend No7)

2. Conceal under the eyes with a concealer lighter than your skin tone (I recommend Mabelline Age Rewind Concealer)

3. For the eyes, use a beige or brown close to your skin tone on the eyelid and a darker brown to cut your crease. Use a pencil liner as you don't want anything too striking or bold and line your top lash line lightly. Use a lengthening mascara and corner lashes for a Disney Princess effect. Keep your lower lash line bare as this creates a wide eyed effect. Or if you feel you need the balance, apply a soft brown shadow on the bottom lash line with a brush of mascara.

4. Lightly contour the cheeks and tap a bit of pink blusher on the apples of the cheeks. ( I recommend NYX, darker skin tones go for a peachy tone, lighter skin tones go for a light pink)

5. Use a highlighter to highlight your cheekbones! (I recommend MAC Soft and Gentle)

6. The brows need to remain natural looking and bushy for an innocent look. Use a powder slightly lighter than your natural brow colour (if your brows are black or dark brown) and fill in the gaps without drawing a completely new shape. ( I recommend Barry M's Eyebrow kit)

7. And of course, apply red lip stick to the lips. (I recommend Gerard cosmetics)

Although my skin tone is darker than your average English Rose, I tend to use this make up look a lot as it's a neutral pretty look.
My favourite products for creating this look on me are: 
- Gerard Cosmetics - Red Lipstick in Fire Engine
- NYX Showgirl Eyeshadow, which is a warm orange colour so it's good to blend this with your browns if they appear too dark.



Thanks for reading! As always, let me know if you have any questions!

If you would like to see a make-up tutorial, have a look at my video below :)


No comments