My Valentine, My love

We have a love that has survived times as uncertain as an erratic ocean, stirring just a moment after enjoying a calm horizon. True love often has two sides, a side which makes you feel desperately vulnerable and a side which makes you feel the safest you have ever felt, giving you a sense of belonging.

He came in to my life at a time where I felt lost. I have always been the kind of person who needs another half. Friends always seemed to be at arms length, but a partner was a different connection that I craved. It always amazed me how somebody could go from being a complete stranger to becoming the closest person in your life. 

I remember he was the first man to make me feel wondrous. He admirably doted on me, a complete stranger, because he wanted to impress me, he wanted to know me - Really know me. Certain aspects of my character I always felt I needed to hide,  he worshipped like they were a rare quality which made me beautiful. When I was with him I felt confident which was a feeling I had rarely felt throughout my life. He made me realise that the right people build you up and add to your strengths rather than make you feel inadequate. Until this point I had always striven to be the perfect person, I had always questioned what I needed to change about myself to feel accepted by society, but he made me realise that I was imperfectly perfect.

He quickly became a welcomed anchor to my stormy soul. My safe place, my home, my haven and I became his rock, his carer and best friend. My love for him has embedded into my soul, it has given me vision at times were I have been so broken I've felt like I couldn't see a path, it has forced me to forgive at times where my head has almost ruled over my heart and it has guided me to a place I have always dreamed of - having our own family and home together.

Ultimately love is soothing, love is healing and love creates a haven in a devastatingly unpredictable world.

Happy Valentines Day <3

(my soundtrack of the day, a track which makes me feel the depth of love, however complicated it may become.)

No comments