Fashion Fridays: Comfy is cool!

Love or hate the Kardashian/ Jenner crew, you have to admit they do look good! I'm particularly inspired my Kylie Jenner's fashion sense because she has nailed the whole 'curvy and I know it' look.
Curves are cool and I think the Kardashians and Kylie have played a big part in making curves a trend. Most of us girls now go to the gym not to slim down, but to build butts! We want that hourglass look because it's sexy and womanly but also empowering and strong! So if you're putting the effort in to buildings curves, you want to wear clothes that show off your hard work right? Now there's a fine line between looking confident and looking cheap but  90% of the time Kylie Jenner gets curvy fashion right. That's why I look to her for fashion inspiration, as well as her sisters Khloe and Kim Kardashian.

I thought the legging trend had died out, I used to have a whole draw full of leggings and long tops but to my dismay I threw them all out or used them for painting attire because they just weren't socially acceptable anymore but recently, Kylie Jenner seems to be wearing leggings ALOT.  Sometimes inappropriately (camel toe) but most of the time she pulls them off in a sport luxe kind of way. Now this is great for us, because leggings are stretchy, comfy and soft so they are perfect for day to day casual wear, especially on those days where you feel a little bloated and can't face doing up the button on your jeans.

To pull of 2016/17 style leggings you need to find a pair that are high waisted, and then pair them with a crop top. Crop top and leggings? fashion crime?! Not anymore! Gone are the days of wearing long tops to cover up your 'kind of see through' leggings. You need to find a thick pair so you are able to wear them like trousers. 


I went on a mission to fill my draw up with cool leggings and I achieved! High street stores have caught on to the sport luxe trend so places like New Look have stocked up on leggings and sporty attire in different varietys because we no longer just wear that stuff to workout. 
I found a thick pair of fleece lined, high waisted leggings and they are the comfiest things i have ever put on. I actually had to say 'these are delightful' to myself in the mirror when I tried them on in store (does anyone else do that?)
Because they were lined, they were thicker than usual leggings so they looked like trousers which meant I could get away with wearing shorter tops and not risk flashing my underwear or developing a camel toe (TMI)! They were so comfy I had to buy two pairs! They were around £10 each which is a bit pricey for leggings, but these are not normal leggings! 
I then went on a mission to find cool band T's that I could wear cropped or semi long because I LOVE that look! I'm so happy that the whole indie/rock chic look is back in fashion because once again, it's a comfy trend and I love the edgy twist. I found that most online boutiques stocked graphic/ band T's, but my favourite was from Lasula.co.uk.

Top: Lasula
Leggings: New Look

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't wear this outfit to lunch, it's more of a lounge wear look which is acceptable to wear for errands too (well that's just my opinion).

Follow me on Instagram for daily updates and inspiration & subscribe to my Youtube for reviews/ story times and more random stuff!

Thanks for reading :) x

No comments