Clinique Beyond Perfecting 2-in-1 Foundation Review

As an acne prone gal, I always go for full coverage foundations but I hate a heavy foundation, so the search for a perfect foundation for my skin type is quite tricky.
I used to use Estee Lauder DoubleWear Foundation, but it seemed to dry out my skin and set like a clay mask - not cool. So I went on the hunt for another high end foundation replacement (cheap foundations break me out). Clinique were the ONLY counter in John Lewis to offer a tester for foundations. The other brands such as Urban Decay, Charlotte Tilbury etc just expected you to buy the foundation and deal with it. I knew I was never going to just buy a foundation without trying it because I know how sensitive my skin is. Imagine buying a £40 product only to find out that it breaks you out or gives you a rash? NO THANK YOU.

Beyond Perfecting foundation is advertised as a 2 in 1 foundation and concealer, they say you only need to use the foundation to cover blemishes or an uneven skin tone. I have to say that this is true, the coverage is amazing, I only need to use a concealer under my eyes as I like a lighter shade to brighten up that area. Clinique were actually cheaper than all those other stuck up brands, so after I got (badly) colour matched, I went off with a couple of pots (different shades) to test at home. I got about a weeks worth of foundation out of each pot! I decided to buy the colour 15 - Beige, the one they had colour matched me to, but it had a weird tone to it and I ended up having to use a concealer with it to lighten the shade slightly. Recently I found that the colour 10 Honey Wheat is more my tone (slightly orange, but much better than the beige).

Clinique Beyond Perfecting Pros and Cons
PROS:
* Amazing full coverage
* Doesn't feel heavy on the skin
*A little bit of product goes a long way
* Doesn't break me out

CONS:
* Yet to find the perfect shade (are all the colours slightly dodgy? who knows)
* The colour matching service is not great
*The foundation is difficult to set (I use MAC Prep & Prime Powder to set) , it will come off on your pillow or on somebody's T-shirt when you hug them very easily
* Is not cruelty free

See my YouTube video for a coverage reference, I show my acne scars and then I apply the foundation so you can see the difference:


No comments