May Faves!

May went by so fast! Suddenly Summer is around the corner & I couldn't be happier! I'm looking forward to sunbathing in the garden, sitting in pub gardens drinking cider and warming up my skin tone because I tend to go green brown in the winter lol.

Here are my favourite things from the past month:

1. Coconut oil
I always rave about coconut oil, it has so many uses and it's completely natural so I don't have to worry about getting any allergic reactions from harsh chemicals and what not.
So this month I've been using coconut oil heavily on my hair. Because it's been bleached about ten times, it's so dry. I warm up some coconut oil, smother it all over my hair and then wrap my hair up in a plastic bag to keep the oil warm, I also use it as a serum on the ends of my hair between washes if it gets a bit dry. 
Secondly, I've started to apply it to my eyelashes. Just google coconut oil for eyelashes and you'll find countless amounts of articles on how it promotes hair growth. I've only just started using it, so I couldn't say if it works but I've been a bit addicted to eye lash extensions and i'm aware that they're damaging my natural lashes so i'm going to apply the oil day and night once the extensions have all fallen out.

2. NARS Radiant creamy concealer 
Concealers are so important to me, mainly because I get really dark under eye circles so I need a good concealer to both conceal and highlight underneath my eye. So many make-up gurus have raved about the NARS creamy concealer so I thought I'd defer from M.A.C and try out NARS. I bought it in the colour ginger and while it's too dark to highlight underneath my eye, it does conceal. I use it as a corrector because its a very warm colour with orange tones which conceals the dark circles, I then put a lighter concealer on top as a highlighter. I've already bought my second tube so it's definitely been a favourite!


3. Game Of Thrones!
For ages I was against watching Game of Thrones, I didn't get it and didn't understand why it was becoming so popular, I thought it was some low budget tacky wannabe LOTR show. But so many people said I would love it, so I eventually gave in and started watching it from the beginning and now I absolutely love it! Don't get me wrong, it still confuses me how some medieval fantasy based nerdy story is dominating the world when people love to take the mickey out of that genre (World of Warcraft anyone?)... but I'm not complaining because I love it all! I just wish the seasons were longer and more frequent (they bring out one short season per year!) Every Monday, I literally treat it like a ritual and demand pure silence within the household, I can not miss a word! There's so much to it, how one man has come up with such a complex fictional world complete with individual histories for each family and land is beyond me. And the fact that you never know who will die next really keeps you on the edge of your seat. He has no problem killing off the characters you were rooting for, everything is so unexpected. The author is a pure genius!

No comments